Have any of you been in a situation where you met with someone and sat with them for a cup of coffee or tea and started chatting and started off with the “how are you’s?” and “what have you been up to?” and all the normal niceties and then reach a point where you realize that damn what else should we talk about? And started filing that topic cabinet in your brain trying to find a topic you both can discuss?
Well, today we’re not having any of that because yes, it’s all about chilling today, but I came prepared with questions to avoid the awkwardness of trying to find something to discuss.
So let’s start off with
12 questions to ask to avoid awkward silinces
- If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why?
- Where do you wish you had grown up?
- What is the quality you admire the most in the person you dislike the most?
- What was the most recent thing that made you cry?
- What are the books/movies/games that never get old and always make you
- feel better when you get down?
- If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be and why?
- What is one childhood memory that you remember especially well?
- If you could live in another time period but stay in the same place you live now, when would you want to live?
- What is the “strangest” thing you believe in? Do you believe in the supernatural? Heaven, angels, ghosts? Luck, fate, magic? Mind reading, lizard people, the Illuminati? Where do you draw the line between belief and disbelief?
- What fact about yourself took you the longest to understand or accept?
- What is the most ordinary-seeming thing that you find fascinating?
- Are you currently pursuing what makes you happy? Why or why not?
Check out some other moments
If you enjoyed “Sip and Chill” you might also like our previous episode “Random Facts” where we talk random facts also where I’m a bit annoyed